- January 1985 - But God who is rich in
mercy, out of the great love with which he loved us even when we were dead
through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ. (Eph. 2:4-5)
- February 1985 - Whether you eat or drink,
or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Cor. 10:31).
- March 1985 - If God is with us, who is
against us? (Rom. 8:31)
- April 1985 - Now the company of those who
believed were one of heart and soul and no one said that any of the things
which he possessed was his own, but they had everything in common. (Acts 4:32)
- May 1985 - We know that we have passed out of
death into life because we love our brothers. (1 John 3:14)
- June 1985 - All who are led by the Spirit of
God are sons of God. (Rom. 8:14).
- July 1985 - I, the prisoner in the Lord,
implore you therefore to lead a life worthy of your vocation. Bear with one
another charitably, in complete selflessness, gentleness and patience. Do all
you can to preserve the unity of the Spirit by the peace that binds you
together. (Eph. 4:1-3)
- August 1985 - Do not labour for the food
which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son
of man will give to you. (John 6:27)
- September 1985 - If anyone would be the
first, he must be last of all and servant of all. (Mark 9:35).
- October 1985 - All things are possible with
God. (Mark 10:27).
- November 1985 - To love God with all the
heart, with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love
one's neighbour as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and
sacrifices. (Mark 12:33)
- December 1985 - May the Lord make you
increase and abound in love to one another and to all. (1 Thess. 3:12).